Responsible To: Head of Digital Services and Cyber Development
Starting Salary: £24,198.00
Hours: Full time (37.5 per week)
Location: Ellesmere Port/ Daresbury with travel to Cheshire, Wirral and Halton as required
Fixed Term: 18 months
The Digital Support Officer is a new role in Youth Fed, introduced to support the Head of Digital and Cyber Development and the wider charity as we transition into a digital world. With an opportunity to help shape the charity’s future, the Digital Support Officer will be a forward thinking and motivated individual, able to support and facilitate the delivery of internal and external digital projects and significantly support the delivery of Youth Feds Digital Strategy. They will be cross functional and comfortable with face to face delivery with both peers and the young people that we work with, offering high levels of technical support and knowledge to achieve challenging outcomes,
Responsible for administration and maintenance of the charity’s digital solutions including multiple platforms, online session delivery tools, Microsoft solutions etc, the Digital Support Officer will have experience of working within an office environment and a good understanding of digital technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NB: You may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with the post as and when required. The list of responsibilities is a guide and may include but are not limited to the following:
- Translate business process requirements into workable system solutions from design to implementation
- Assist and support new digital solutions including planning, development, and implementation.
- Develop and maintain effective and consistent professional relationships with stakeholders, to ensure the effective delivery of the programme and ensure targets are met within deadlines
- Support users with the use of platforms across the Charity including CRM.
- Train staff to ensure familiarity with any revisions or change to charity’s digital solutions and ensuring that staff knowledge is up to date.
- Monitor data quality, data migrations, data integration, and data input across platforms.
- Produce systematic reports, including progress reports, compliance reporting, and evaluation reports, as well as ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, procedures and ‘best practice’ processes, and all directives are constantly being met.
- Other ad hoc project and programme, administrative, operations and support duties.
You have a legal duty that gives you responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that you do not endanger yourself or anyone else by your acts or omissions. In addition, you must co-operate with the charity on health and safety matters and must not interfere or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
It is the responsibility of employees to apply Youth Feds Equal Opportunities Policy in their own area of responsibility and in their general conduct.
- IT related qualification such as CompTIA
- 3 years of experience working with IT technologies
- CRM systems/LMS.
- Microsoft Solutions.
- Digital systems Customisation, Configuration and integration.
- CMS experience would be a plus.
- Previous experience in an end-user technical support role.
- Any background with CSS, HTML, or query writing would be helpful.
- Working with Young People
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate with people at all technical levels.
- Strong people skills
- Presenting skills
- A good understanding of current, relevant digital technology advancements and opportunities.
- Familiarity with third sector
- A good understanding of current, relevant and future cyber issues and risks.
- A desire to learn new things, researching new digital technologies and adopt new solutions.
- Can demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory references
Youth Fed is an equal opportunities employer
Please download an application form here. Once completed please send to email@example.com by 12pm on 15th October 2020
Interviews will be held on 20th October 2020
Any enquiries regarding this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org